I like how our Easter and Christmas celebrations have become simpler in the past two years. I expect we'll add a new tradition here and there as time goes on, but I hope we keep them simple and poignant.
We always read from the New Testament in the weeks before Easter. This year we didn't get to read all we wanted to (we're still a few days before Christ's death), but we're still working on it!
We colored eggs and then placed them on the wheat grass I had started growing the week earlier. Watching that grass grow has to be one of my kids favorite traditions. Simple and very cool.
Then we tried a new thing by making Easter Breakfast Rolls. You wrap dough around one large marshmallow, which then melts as the rolls bake and you're left with "an empty tomb." Perfect for Easter Morning.
A simple morning and a very nice day, which we ended by taking a paper mache egg over to Connor's Spot.




2 comments:
Jen the pictures are beautiful! Love the idea of growing grass. Thanks.
This reminded me of happy Blacksburg memories!
Post a Comment